Job Location: Lira/ Apac/ Kampala
Reporting To: Agriculture Manager
Introduction to Bodawerk:
BODAWERK International Ltd. is a Ugandan social innovations company that has developed an intelligent energy storage system for productive use.
Our target sectors are mobility with our electric motorcycle (E-Boda), agriculture with our electric tractor (E-Trak), and healthcare (E-Wheely). Additionally, we have developed a disruptively affordable solar power system that shares its energy storage with the above-mentioned applications, providing a solution for the last-mile-distribution of power.
We have developed our proprietary technology locally and are a local Li-ion battery pack manufacturer as well as an electric vehicle assembler. Our mission is to unlock the potential of renewable energy with affordable, cutting-edge technology for East Africa and accelerate the transition with our low-cost, shareable, digital and recyclable Li-Ion battery pack standard managed on our self-developed operational management software platform. Our goal is to operate our technology in Uganda while licensing it worldwide.
The Lead Researcher will be responsible for coordinating information, providing support through data analysis, and contributing to overall strategy and performance evaluation.
- Coordinate with business management to determine research objectives
- Create a plan of action, set project goals, and manage to completion the research assignments
- Conduct detailed research by formulating effective and efficient research processes of intended subject matter according to business needs, deliver frequent project updates
- Identify market trends and patterns relative to the research and make reports for management
- Design surveys, questionnaires, polls, etc. specific to research requirements
- Perform fieldwork, interviews, experiments, concept tests, etc. to gather data and test research methodologies to confirm intended purpose of evaluation
- Utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent information, perform evaluative analysis of selected resources and current market data
- Organize and maintain research databases
- Frequently self-audit work and check data for errors and inconsistencies
- Compile and organize findings in graphs, charts, mock-ups, and diagrams
- Document, report, and present research findings to management and client
The ideal candidate;
- Bachelor’s degree in research, economics or related field required; master’s degree preferred
- Extensive and proven experience in field of research
- Knowledgeable in various research and testing methodologies
- Experience using statistical analysis software
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- In-depth knowledge of specific field
- Strong math and statistical skills
- Perform objective and ethical research at all times
- Well-versed in database management
- Effective communicator, both orally and written
- Ability to work under pressure
Bodawerk offers a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Qualified females are more encouraged to apply