Job Location: Lira/ Apac
Reporting To: Agriculture Manager
Introduction to Bodawerk:
BODAWERK International Ltd. is a Ugandan social innovations company that has developed an intelligent energy storage system for productive use.
Our target sectors are mobility with our electric motorcycle (E-Boda), agriculture with our electric tractor (E-Trak), and healthcare (E-Wheely). Additionally, we have developed a disruptively affordable solar power system that shares its energy storage with the above-mentioned applications, providing a solution for the last-mile-distribution of power.
We have developed our proprietary technology locally and are a local Li-ion battery pack manufacturer as well as an electric vehicle assembler. Our mission is to unlock the potential of renewable energy with affordable, cutting-edge technology for East Africa and accelerate the transition with our low-cost, shareable, digital and recyclable Li-Ion battery pack standard managed on our self-developed operational management software platform. Our goal is to operate our technology in Uganda while licensing it worldwide.
The Project Engineer (E-Trak) will work closely with the Agricultural Manager to provide support to the agricultural mechanization project in Apac & Lira.
- Participate in different activities of the agricultural mechanization project at the farms in Apac & Lira i.e., Ploughing, threshing, milling and transport.
- You will be responsible for data collection on the performance of the Li-ON batteries, tractors, threshers and all other components.
- Ensure timely reports are sent to the Head Office team with feedback from the data collected and recommendations for future use.
- Conduct Diagnostics and Repairs. When electrical, mechanical, or design issues arise you will be expected to help isolate and define the problem and then implement solutions. This job requires critical thinking and a developed ability to scour the internet for solutions. We have a core engineering team that is always available for support but it is imperative that you be able to diagnose and fix many of the smaller issues independently.
The ideal candidate;
- Has a degree in a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with some experience or a technical certification with 2+ years’ experience
- Knowledge of electrical power-trains, experience with electric motors or knowledge of DC circuits
- Experience with automotive repair or industrial machinery, working with farm machinery either tractors or post-harvest processing equipment, fabrication and welding experience.
- Clear thinking/problem solving ability- can lead projects/process improvement within the E-trak project
- Ability to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them.
- Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork.
- Flexibility and a willingness to stretch and achieve over and above base expectations.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate, likes to build stuff, is willing to get the hands dirty and go all in to be challenged to the limits of engineering potential.
Bodawerk offers a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Qualified females are more encouraged to apply