Job Location: Lira/ Apac/ Kampala
Reporting To: Agriculture Manager
Introduction to Bodawerk:
BODAWERK International Ltd. is a Ugandan social innovations company that has developed an intelligent energy storage system for productive use.
Our target sectors are mobility with our electric motorcycle (E-Boda), agriculture with our electric tractor (E-Trak), and healthcare (E-Wheely). Additionally, we have developed a disruptively affordable solar power system that shares its energy storage with the above-mentioned applications, providing a solution for the last-mile-distribution of power.
We have developed our proprietary technology locally and are a local Li-ion battery pack manufacturer as well as an electric vehicle assembler. Our mission is to unlock the potential of renewable energy with affordable, cutting-edge technology for East Africa and accelerate the transition with our low-cost, shareable, digital and recyclable Li-Ion battery pack standard managed on our self-developed operational management software platform. Our goal is to operate our technology in Uganda while licensing it worldwide.
The Project manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the completion of specific projects for an organization while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of the agricultural mechanization project
- Conduct regular repairs and run diagnostics on the tractors and all equipment
- Ensure resource availability and allocation of the team, tools and equipment for the project.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, data about the battery and tractor performance.
- Measure and track the team performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques and conduct training where needed.
- Report and escalate to management, issues resulting from the project and ensure timely resolution as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the clients and all stakeholders and ensure to resolve conflicts that may arise.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
The ideal candidate;
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of Mechanical, Electrical and Automotive Engineering.
- Proven working experience of 2 years+ as a project administrator in the engineering or agricultural mechanization sectors.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in machinery, wiring, fabrication and welding, and electronics.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Bodawerk offers a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Qualified females are more encouraged to apply